APPLICATION INFORMATION 2012 –
The Small Grants Committee of the Bethlehem Fine Arts Commission (BFAC) invites arts organizations to apply to it for funds to support their activities that take place in Bethlehem between June 1, 2012, and May 31, 2013. This grant program supports the mission of the Fine Arts Commission, which is to provide leadership in the arts through advocacy, education, and celebration. The grants are offered to encourage new works of art, educational programs, exhibits, presentations, and other arts-related activities.
Submit two copies of proposals for funding to the Small Grants Committee, Bethlehem Fine Arts Commission, P.O. Box 1851, Bethlehem, PA, 18106, postmarked no later than Friday, April 13, 2012. Proposals postmarked after that date cannot be considered.
ELIGIBILITY OF ORGANIZATIONS AND PROJECTS
Eligibility is limited to
*Projects that are to take place or be presented in Bethlehem. They may have other nearby venues as well.
*Registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations
*Organizations that are arts-related or that propose a project that is arts- related in fulfillment of their mission
*One proposal from an organization per funding cycle
*Proposals to fund specific arts activities, presentations, events, programs, or works. Proposals to fund capital campaigns, cover annual operating expenses, pay for the purchase of buildings, or reduce the organization’s acquired debt are not eligible.
*Proposals for $3,000 or less, the total pool of money for awards having been increased from last year’s pool of $2,000. An awardee may be granted all or part of the money it applies for. In 2011, the total award pool was divided among three projects.
Furthermore, awardees of previous BFAC Small Grants within the last three years are eligible to apply if they submitted their required final project report.
REQUIRED PROPOSAL CONTENTS
* Name, address, phone number, e-mail address of the organization
* The organization’s contact person and, if different from the organization’s, that person’s contact information
* The organization’s mission statement
* Documentation of the organization’s 501(c)(3) status
* The organization’s primary locality of activity
* Names, addresses, and occupations of the members of the organization’s Board of Directors (as an Attachment)
* A description of who will benefit from the proposed program, work, or presentation
* The goal or objective of the proposed activity/work and how it relates to the organization’s mission
* The dates and duration of the proposed activity/work
* A description of how the project will be carried out
* A description of how the organization will acknowledge, wherever practical, the BFAC’s support in project fliers, posters, announcements, exhibits, and presentations
* A complete budget for the project, including other sources of revenue supporting the project being proposed (as an Attachment)
* The financial statement for the organization’s most recently completed fiscal year (as an Attachment)
The Small Grants Program Committee will review all proposals that are submitted in time and make formal recommendations for awards to the Fine Arts Commission at its regular meeting in the first week of May. In its review of grant proposals the Committee will use the following criteria:
* Eligibility: \ do the applying organization and proposed project meet the stated standards for eligibility?
* Purpose of the project: how well does the proposed project reflect the objectives of the Fine Arts Commission?
* Information provided: how completely and clearly are the Required Proposal Contents provided?
* Funding requested: how closely does it match the likely costs to be covered?
ANNOUNCEMENT OF AWARDS
Applicants and the press will be notified of the BFAC’s decisions by letter following its May meeting and the money will be provided to the awardees then. Awards to successful applicants will be publicly presented by the Chair of the BFAC Small Grants Committee at the Tribute to the Arts on Thursday, October 11, 2012, in the Payne Gallery, Moravian College.
An awardee agrees to return the grant funds to the BFAC promptly if it cancels or otherwise does not execute the funded project.
The recipient of a BFAC grant agrees to submit two copies of a written final report within 90 days of project completion that includes:
* a brief narrative on the process and outcomes of the project, including how BFAC’s sponsorship was publicly acknowledged
* a brief financial report stating the full costs of the project
* an account of how the Commission’s funds were used.
Submit final reports to: Small Grants Committee, Bethlehem Fine Arts Commission, P.O. Box 1851, Bethlehem, PA, 18016.
Please direct any questions about this program and process to Donald Spieth at: firstname.lastname@example.org.